Driving Lessons Bilston
Driving Lessons Bilston
FREE PHONE: 01902 580065
8am to 10pm every day except Christmas day
Homer's Driving school provides Driving Tuition Bilston, Driving School Bilston, Automatic Driving Lessons Bilston, Driving Instructor Bilston.
We have plenty of Driving Instructors within Bilston area and cover all of the districts:
Moxley, Bradley, Darlaston
Bilston was first referred to in AD 985 as Bilsatena when Wolverhampton was granted to Wulfrun then in 996 as Bilsetnatun in the grant charter of St. Mary's Church (now St. Peter's Collegiate Church, Wolverhampton).[It is later mentioned in the Domesday Book as a village called Billestune, being a largely rural area until the 19th century. Bilsetnatun can be intrepreted as meaning the settlement (ton) of the folk (saetan) of the ridge (bill). Driving Lessons Bilston, Driving School Bilston, Automatic Driving Lessons Bilston, Driving Instructor Bilston
Situated just two miles south-east of Wolverhampton, it was extensively developed for factories and coalmining. Many houses were constructed in the Bilston area. Between 1920 and 1966, the council replaced most of the 19th century terraced houses with rented modern houses and flats on developments like Stowlawn, The Lunt and Bunker's Hill. Bilston has had a market in the town centre for many years. Driving Lessons Bilston, Driving School Bilston, Automatic Driving Lessons Bilston, Driving Instructor Bilston
Bilston Urban District Council was formed in 1894 under the Local Government Act 1894 covering the ancient parish of Bilston. The urban district was granted a Royal Charter in 1933, becoming a municipal borough and the First Charter Mayor was Alderman Herbert Beach. In 1966 the Borough of Bilston was abolished, with most of its territory incorporated into the County Borough of Wolverhampton (see History of West Midlands), although parts of Bradley in the east of the town were merged into Walsall borough. DrDriving School Bilston, Automatic Driving Lessons Bilston, Driving Instructor Bilston
The abolition of the borough of Bilston represented an attack upon what was in fact an extremely socialist village community composed of quite regal elements of country house life and a melting pot of ethnic and native socialisms.
Bilston Town Hall (pictured below in about 1900) has now been refurbished and re-opened. It had been derelict for more than a decade after Wolverhampton Council discontinued its use as housing offices. It is hoped that the town hall will be brought back into public use following the completion of its refurbishment. It dates back to the 19th century. Driving School Bilston, Automatic Driving Lessons Bilston, Driving Instructor Bilston
Since 1966, Bilston has been the centre of the WV14 postal district, which also incorporated most of Coseley and parts of Darlaston - although these areas both exist within different local authorities. Driving School Bilston, Automatic Driving Lessons Bilston, Driving Instructor Bilston